Florida Keys Celtic Festival is looking for Volunteers
January 11th and 12th, 2020
Marathon City Community Park
200 36th Street
Marathon, Fl 33050
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for The Florida Keys Celtic Festival. We could not make this event happen without the help of our wonderful volunteers. Please let me know if you have any special requests (need to be seated or prefer to work mornings or afternoons) and I will do my best to accommodate you. Also, please include your shirt size. (We cannot guarantee everyone will receive the correct shirt size, but we promise to try!).
Contact Cathy Walters at 305-743-6412 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go raibh maith agat agus a fheiceann tu go leir go luath.
[Translation: Thank you and see you all soon.]
Volunteer Job Opportunities
- Set Up/Break Down – The Wednesday and Thursday before the Festival. We need several volunteers (25-30, the more the merrier) to help with loading and unloading items for the festival. (Requires lifting) Sunday night after the festival, we need 25-30 people to help with the break down (breaking down tables, chairs, tents) and load the trucks. We unload the trucks Monday morning.
- Baking and cooking for The Tea Tent – We need a few people who like to have fun in the kitchen cooking scones, making tea sandwiches and clotted cream.
- Help with Vendors – Friday – We need five to six volunteers to help check in vendors, explain park field rules and walk their cars out to their spot. Bring a book and a chair as there is some waiting between vendors arrival. Some walking and standing required.
- Beer Truck – Sling beers at the beer truck. You will be on your feet and it helps to have a good attitude. This area can be busy at certain times of the day. You will be near the pub tent and have a great view of the bands.
- Pub Tent – Serving Irish food and clearing tables. It helps to have a friendly attitude. You will be on your feet but another great spot to watch the bands.
- Coke Truck – Selling soft drinks, wine and water.
- Tea Tent – Helping in the tea tent is like being downstairs at Downtown Abbey. You will be helping prepare the plates, serving tea, possibly washing dishes or collecting money. You must wear a white shirt and black pants and you will be on your feet.
- Gate – Sell Tickets at the gate and hand out programs. You should have a friendly attitude as you will be welcoming people to our festival.
- Parking – Direct people where to park. Bring a chair and a book – this can be busy or slow throughout the day. This job is away from the crowds.
- Children’s Glen – Help children (and parents) with crafts or games and monitor the area. This is not a babysitting job – parents should stay with their children.
- Bathrooms – An easy job. Check the bathrooms on the hour and 1/2 hour to make sure they are clean, replace paper towels, toilet paper and soap when needed.
- Hotdogs & Hamburgers – We have the cooks, we just need someone to collect the money! You will be on your feet!
- Volunteer Check In – We need help checking all our volunteers in at the gate. This is a covered area and you will be seated. This is busy only during shifts changes but very quiet in-between.